We all know the feeling: You know what you want to do, but you have no idea how to start. Whether your doctor has recommended being more active, you want to get in shape for a vacation, or you’re just looking to gain strength – it can be scary to commitment to making a healthy change. Going to the gym and working out seems like a simple task – but so many of us have no idea what to do, or how to accomplish our goals. The idea of working out around other people can be intimidating – so much so that some people avoid it altogether! But it doesn’t have to be scary, it doesn’t have to be intimidating, and it CAN be fun!
Whether we want to start a new career, learn a new language, or join a gym, it is natural for us to battle with ourselves over making a change. It takes persistence, resilience and time, but we are all capable of accomplishing our fitness goals when we commit to making them part of our daily lives. Getting back into shape isn’t all about running a mile, doing 50 push ups, or eating kale for every meal. Getting into shape is about knowing where you are now, where you want to be, and most importantly, knowing what you can do today to get a little bit closer to your long term goals. It is about being consistent and understanding that not every workout will be your best, but every workout will bring you that much closer to where you want to be.
This year, and every year, we want to help you not only reach your fitness goals, but exceed them. We challenge you to think of your larger, long term goals, even if they seem unrealistic to you now, and write them down. Under that, jot down a few things that you can do today to help you reach those goals. Maybe it’s waking up a little bit earlier, drinking more water, or walking somewhere instead of driving – however marginal or incremental, they all matter! Next – come see us! Once you have a better idea of your goals, we can help point you in the right direction. Even if you can’t pinpoint your health and fitness goals, we have professionals here that will set you up for success in 2019. Remember that a small change you make today can go a long way, and the entire MAC Family is here to support you and guide you.
Are any of these goals on your list?
- I want to eat healthier, but I don’t want to completely cut out the things I love.
- Our 80/20 BALANCE program is perfect for you!
- I want someone to tell me exactly what to do to get the body I want.
- Our trainers will give you personalized attention to help you reach your goals!
- I want to lose the extra weight and fit back into my swimsuit this summer.
- Join our FIT90 program and you WILL see results!
- I want to improve my run time and gain endurance.
- RUNFIT will help you get there!
- I want to gain strength and learn to lift weights properly.
- Try our women’s only lifting program: WomenStrong!
- I want to get in shape but I don’t want to pay extra for programs or training.
- We have over 100 group fitness classes every week that are FREE with your membership!
Cheers to NEW YEARS and new opportunities to be the healthiest, happiest version of YOU!